Tuesday, March 24, 2009

New Carbon Footprint Calculator

Hi everybody, I came across a very useful carbon footprint calculator. You will find the new calculator at the bottom of this page. Before, there was a CO2 calculator for vehicles on this blog. However, this new CO2 calculator is quite proper and more systematic covered all carbon usage in our life! It is a good measure to check how green you are!
There are options to calculate your carbon footprint for house, car, bike, flight, public transport and secondary. When I calculated my carbon footprint, it came 2.3 tones /month. The average footprint of UAE people is 37 tones/ month. Thanks to Green Living that I save that much energy than other people in UAE! The average for the industrial nations is about 11 tones. The average worldwide carbon footprint is about 4 tones. The worldwide target to combat climate change is 2 tones. Now my target is to reduce my carbon footprint up to 2 or less than that!

No comments: